Thursday, August 21

New Thierry Lasry Sunglasses Available Now + An Interview With The Designer Himself


New Thierry Lasry colours have arrived at Spectacle this week!  If you have ever wondered what the inspiration behind the line is, we have all the answers for you from our exclusive interview with the man himself: Thierry Lasry.

Who is your eyewear icon?
I don't like the concept of having an icon.  I prefer a muse.  At least that way you can have a different one each season!  My muse would usually be a girl whose beauty or personality fascinates me in a certain way, like Blake Lively a few seasons ago or Adele Exarchopoulos now.

Which celebrity would you like to see in your eyewear?
I would spontaneously say Beyonce as she is the last major celebrity who hasn't been spotted wearing TL so far... Considering we already have Madonna, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, and Miley Cyrus - but I'm sure it's just a question of time...

The Thierry Lasry x Spectacle Lively sunglass - available now & named after Blake Lively

How do you select your frames (material, colour tones, shapes...)
Each season reflects my vision at that particular time of my personal definition of aestheticism, so there are no pre-defined rules.  Whatever inspires me at that particular moment is what I use.

What are five keywords to emotionally describe your eyewear?
I would focus more on the women who wear Thierry Lasry sunglasses: sexy, elegant, and eventually bitchy.

What trends do you forsee for this coming season?
Sorry but that's not the kind of thing I would share in advance... I would rather keep surprising you this coming season and the next, and the next...

Brand new colourways in your favourite Thierry Lasry models are available now at our Queen St. West & Distillery District boutiques!

New Colours in the CHROMATY, which is EXCLUSIVE to Spectacle this Summer, the PAINTY, and the SLUTTY, made popular worldwide by Miley Cyrus herself!